Our Services >> Immigration Law
Contact Us
 Online Form
Immigration Law
Case Introduction
Case No. IG-010
Replace Permanent Resident Card
Brief Introduction

Permanent Resident Card (USCIS Form I-551) is proof of your permanent resident status in the United States. It also serves as a valid identification document and proof that you are eligible to live and work in the United States. It is important to keep your card up-to-date. Without a valid card, it may be difficult for you to prove that you are a permanent resident, and this could also affect your ability to travel or to prove your eligibility to work in the United States. If any information on your card needs to be changed, or if your card has been lost, stolen, or damaged, you need to replace your permanent resident card. Also, if you became a permanent resident before you turned 14 years old, you are required to replace your card when you become 14 years old. 

Things to Know

You will need to replace your green card if:
1.Your previous card was lost, stolen, mutilated or destroyed
2. Your card was issued to you before you were 14 and you have reached your 14th birthday (unless your card expires before your 16th birthday)
3.You have been a commuter and are now taking up actual residence in the United States
4.You have been a permanent resident residing in the United States and are now taking up commuter status
5. Your status has been automatically converted to permanent resident status (this includes Special Agricultural Worker applicants who are converting to permanent resident status)
6. You have a previous version of the alien registration card (e.g., USCIS Form AR-3, Form AR-103 or Form I-151 – all no longer valid to prove your immigration status) and must replace it with a current green card
7. Your card contains incorrect information
8. Your name or other biographic information on the card has been legally changed since you last received your card, or
9. You never received the previous card that was issued to you by U.S. Citizenship and Immigration Services (USCIS)

Filing Fee

The fee for this application is $365.
The fee for the biometrics is $85.
There are three exceptions to having to pay the $365.00 application filing fee:
1.To replace a card that was incorrect due to a USCIS administrative error;

2.To replace a card that was never received (if the card was sent to the address provided and never returned to USCIS, the application will be rejected);
3.If you are filing only to register at age 14 years, and your existing card will not expire before your birthday.

Ask for Attorney Service
Service Details

1. Provide “Replace Permanent Resident Card” questionnaire
2. Provide document checklist
3. Review the personal qualifications
4. Confirm that replacing permanent resident card is appropriate for you
5. Prepare I-90 form and guide you to prepare supporting documents
6. Compose cover letter of the case
7. Submit your application with USCIS and keep your file
8. Keep you informed of the case status
9. Guide on how to take biometrics

Service Fee

This service fee is the basic reference price, which may be adjusted case by case.

Payment Methods
  • Wire Transfer
  • Check
  • Credit Card
Free Consultation

Free Consultation will provide the clients with answers to general questions, for example, what is the priority date of EB-3 Free Consultation should NEITHER be regarded as legal advice nor analysis on certain cases NOR confirmation of attorney-client relationship. If you need legal advice or analysis on your case, please choose the Attorney Consultation service.

Attorney Consultation

$300 per hour(charging by hours includes time consumed by reviewing relevant documents, starting charge from an hour).