Our Services >> Immigration Law
Contact Us
 Online Form
Immigration Law
Case Introduction
Case No. IC-020
N-400 Expeditious Naturalization for USC Spouse Abroad
Brief Introduction

Besides a shorter residence requirement (three years instead of five), spouse of citizens who are assigned abroad by their U.S. employers can be exempted completely from the continuous residence and physical presence requirements, thereby permitting them to be naturalized prior to accompanying their citizen spouses abroad on their assignments. The citizen spouse must be working for one of the same employers that can qualify their alien employees for extended absence naturalization benefits.

Things to Know

You must:
1. Be married to a U.S. citizen and living together in a valid marital union;
2. Be a lawful permanent resident (green card holder);
3. Have been living in marital union with the U.S. citizen spouse, who has been a U.S. citizen during all of such period;
4. Be physically present in the U.S. at the time of naturalization;
5. Will depart abroad immediately after naturalization and intend to reside in the United States immediately upon the termination of the citizen spouse’s employment abroad;
6. Comply with all applicable naturalization requirements.
Your USC Spouse would be considered as regularly stationed abroad in any of the following kinds of employment:
1. As a member of the United States Armed Forces;
2. As an employee of the United States Government;
3. As an employee of an American institution of research recognized by USCIS or by a public international organization of which the United States is a member by treaty or law;
4. As an employee of an American company engaged in the development of United States foreign trade and commerce, or its subsidiary; 5. Performing ministerial or priestly functions by a religious denomination with a bona fide organization in the United States; or
6. Employed as a missionary by a religious or interdenominational mission organization with a bona fide organization in the United States.
Your USC Spouse must have at least 1 year remaining on his or her overseas duty at the time of your naturalization.

Filing Fee

$595 plus a biometrics fee of $85; the fee total is $680.
If you are residing outside the United States you are not required to pay the fingerprint fee.

Ask for Attorney Service
Service Details

1. Provide “Citizen Spouse Immediate Naturalization- USC Overseas Assignment” questionnaires
2. Provide document checklist
3. Review the personal qualifications
4. Confirm that the Immediate Naturalization for spouse of citizen assigned abroad is appropriate for you
5. Prepare forms and guide you and your spouse to prepare personal and company supporting documents
6. Compose application letter/cover letter of the case
7. Submit your application with USCIS and keep your file
8. Make arrangement for you to take fingerprint abroad
9. Schedule the naturalization interview for you to fit your travel and work plans
10. Keep you informed of the case status
11. Assist you in response to Request for Evidence, if any
12. Guide you on naturalization interview

Service Fee

This service fee is the basic reference price, which may be adjusted case by case.

Payment Methods
  • Wire Transfer
  • Check
  • Credit Card
Free Consultation

Free Consultation will provide the clients with answers to general questions, for example, what is the priority date of EB-3 Free Consultation should NEITHER be regarded as legal advice nor analysis on certain cases NOR confirmation of attorney-client relationship. If you need legal advice or analysis on your case, please choose the Attorney Consultation service.

Attorney Consultation

$300 per hour(charging by hours includes time consumed by reviewing relevant documents, starting charge from an hour).