Our Services >> Immigration Law
Contact Us
 Online Form
Immigration Law
Case Introduction
Case No. IC-050
N-600 Application for Certificate of Citizenship
Brief Introduction

On October 30, 2000, President Clinton signed into law H.R. 2883, the Child Citizenship Act of 2000. The new law amends the Immigration and Nationality Act (INA) to permit foreign-born children, including adopted children to acquire citizenship automatically if they meet certain requirements. It becomes effective on February 27, 2001. Under the new law, most foreign-born children adopted by U.S. citizens will automatically acquire U.S. citizenship on the date they immigrate to the United States. The new law permanently protects the adopted children of U.S. citizens from deportation. It also benefits natural born children of citizens in situations in which the children did not acquire citizenship at birth.

Things to Know

You are the biological or adopted child of a U.S. citizen, you were born outside the United States, and you are claiming citizenship by action of law, you automatically become a U.S. citizen if:
1. You have at least one parent who is a U.S. citizen, whether by birth or naturalization; and
2. You regularly reside in the United States in the legal and physical custody of your U.S. citizen parent; and
3. You have been lawfully admitted for permanent residence (NOTE: If you entered the United States as an adopted child, you must have been admitted as an IR-3 (child adopted outside the United States). If you entered as an IR-4 (child coming to the United States to be adopted), a final adoption must take place for this section of law to apply to you; and
4. You have not yet reached your 18th birthday; and
5. You are a biological child, you were legitimate, or you were legitimated while in the legal custody of your legitimating parent(s) prior to reaching your 16th birthday; or
6. You are a biological child born out of wedlock and you have not been legitimated and your mother naturalizes as a U.S. citizen.
7. The U.S. parent, prior to your birth, had been physically present in the United States or one of its outlying possessions for a period or periods totaling not less than five years, at least two of which were after the age of 14 years.

Filing Fee

$600; if filing on behalf of an adopted minor child, $550.

Ask for Attorney Service
Service Details

1. Provide N-600 Application for Certificate of Citizenship questionnaire
2. Provide document checklist
3. Review the personal qualifications
4. Confirm that the N-600 application is appropriate
5. Prepare N-600 form and guide client to prepare supporting documents
6. Compose application letter/cover letter of the case
7. Submit N-600 application with USCIS and keep the file
8. Keep client informed of the case status
9. Assist client in response to Request for Evidence, if any

Service Fee

This service fee is the basic reference price, which may be adjusted case by case.

Payment Methods
  • Wire Transfer
  • Check
  • Credit Card
Free Consultation

Free Consultation will provide the clients with answers to general questions, for example, what is the priority date of EB-3 Free Consultation should NEITHER be regarded as legal advice nor analysis on certain cases NOR confirmation of attorney-client relationship. If you need legal advice or analysis on your case, please choose the Attorney Consultation service.

Attorney Consultation

$300 per hour(charging by hours includes time consumed by reviewing relevant documents, starting charge from an hour).