Our Services >> Immigration Law
Contact Us
 Online Form
Immigration Law
Case Introduction
Case No. IC-060
N-600K Expedite Naturalization Children Residing Abroad
Brief Introduction

The automatic citizenship provision does not apply to otherwise eligible children who are living outside the United States. In order for a foreign-born child living outside the United States to acquire citizenship, the U.S. parent must apply for expedited naturalization on behalf of the child under INA§322. The naturalization process for such a child cannot take place overseas. The applicant must present the approval notice to the nearest U.S. consulate for issuance of B-2 visa on behalf of the child, so that the child can enter into the U.S. temporarily to complete naturalization processing.

Things to Know

For a child who regularly resides outside the United States to claim U.S. citizenship based on parentage, Form N-600K may be filed by:
1. The child must have at least one U.S. citizen parent (by birth or naturalization);
2. (a) The U.S. citizen parent must have been physically present in the U.S. for at least 5 years, at least two of which were after the age of 14,or (b) the U.S. citizen parent must have a citizen parent (i.e., the child’s grandparent) who has been physically present in the United States for at least 5 years, at least 2 of which were after the age of 14;
3. The child must be under 18;
4. The child must be residing outside the U.S. in the legal and physical custody of the U.S. citizen parent;
5. The child must be temporarily present in the U.S. - having entered the U.S. lawfully and maintaining lawful status in the U.S;
6. If adopted, the child must meet all of requirements to qualify as an “adopted” or “orphan”

Filing Fee

$600; if you are filing on behalf of an adopted minor child, the fee is $550.

Ask for Attorney Service
Service Details

1. Provide N-600K Application for Certificate and Issuance of Citizenship questionnaire
2. Provide document checklist
3. Review the parent and child’s personal qualifications
4. Confirm that the N-600K application is appropriate
5. Prepare N-600K form and guide client to prepare supporting documents
6. Compose application letter/cover letter of the case
7. Submit N-600K application with USCIS and keep the file
8. Keep client informed of the case status
9. Assist client in response to Request for Evidence, if any

Service Fee

$1400 (USCIS filing, not including application of B-2 visa)
This service fee is the basic reference price, which may be adjusted case by case.

Payment Methods
  • Wire Transfer
  • Check
  • Credit Card
Free Consultation

Free Consultation will provide the clients with answers to general questions, for example, what is the priority date of EB-3 Free Consultation should NEITHER be regarded as legal advice nor analysis on certain cases NOR confirmation of attorney-client relationship. If you need legal advice or analysis on your case, please choose the Attorney Consultation service.

Attorney Consultation

$300 per hour(charging by hours includes time consumed by reviewing relevant documents, starting charge from an hour).