Our Services >> Immigration Law
Contact Us
 Online Form
Immigration Law
Case Introduction
Case No. IO-020
I-131 Advance Parole
Brief Introduction

Advance Parole (AP) is permission for certain foreign nationals, who do not have a valid immigrant visa, to re-enter the U.S. after traveling abroad. Such foreign nationals must be approved for Advance Parole before leaving the U.S. If they have not obtained Advance Parole prior to traveling abroad, they may not be permitted to re-enter the United States upon their return without obtaining some kind of visa.
1) It enables an alien to come back to the U.S. after traveling abroad without obtaining a visa to the U.S.;
2) It preserves the pending Adjustment of Status or certain protected status that the alien has filed. Indeed, if the alien enters the U.S, on a visa instead of an Advanced Parole, the pending I-485 or a protected status may be considered as abandoned as a general rule.

Things to Know

If you are in the United States and seek advance parole:
(1). Filed an Adjustment of Status application but have not received a decision from the USCIS
(2). An emergent personal or bona fide reason to travel temporarily abroad
An Advance Parole document may not be issued to you if:
(1). You held J-1 nonimmigrant status and are subject to the two-year foreign residence requirement as a result of that status; or
(2). You are illegally present in the US.
(3). You are in exclusion, deportation, removal, or rescission proceedings.
If you travel before the advance parole document is issued, your application will be deemed abandoned if:
(1). You depart from the United States; or
(2). The person seeking advance parole attempts to enter the United States before a decision is made on the application.

NOTE: If you are in the United States and wish to travel abroad, you do not need to apply for advance parole if both conditions described below in A and B are met:
A. You are in one of the following nonimmigrant categories:
1. An H-1, temporary worker, or H-4, spouse or child of an H-1; or
2. An L-1, intracompany transferee, or L-2, spouse or child of an L-1; or
3. A K-3, spouse, or K-4, child of a U.S. citizen; or
4. A V-2, spouse, or V-3, child of a lawful permanent resident; and
B. Form I-485, Application to Register Permanent Residence or Adjust Status, was filed on your behalf and is pending with USCIS.
However, upon returning to the United States, you must present your valid H, L, K, or V nonimmigrant visa.

Filing Fee

Filing fee: $360
Biometric fee: $85

Note: If you filed Form I-485, on or after July 30, 2007, and you paid the I-485 application fee required, then no fee is required to file a request for Advance Parole.

Ask for Attorney Service
Service Details

1. Provide “I-131 Advance Parole” questionnaire
2. Provide document checklist
3. Review the personal qualifications
4. Confirm that advance parole application is appropriate for you
5. Prepare I-131 form and guide you to prepare supporting documents
6. Keep correspondence with USCIS
7. Compose application letter/cover letter of the case
8. Submit your application with USCIS and keep your file
9. Guide on how to take biometrics
10. Keep you informed of the case status

Service Fee

This service fee is the basic reference price, which may be adjusted case by case.

Payment Methods
  • Wire Transfer
  • Check
  • Credit Card
Free Consultation

Free Consultation will provide the clients with answers to general questions, for example, what is the priority date of EB-3 Free Consultation should NEITHER be regarded as legal advice nor analysis on certain cases NOR confirmation of attorney-client relationship. If you need legal advice or analysis on your case, please choose the Attorney Consultation service.

Attorney Consultation

$300 per hour(charging by hours includes time consumed by reviewing relevant documents, starting charge from an hour).