Our Services >> Family Law
Contact Us
 Online Form
Family Law
Case Introduction
Case No. FD-040
Uncontested Divorce (CA only)
Brief Introduction

An uncontested divorce is one in which the parties have, by themselves, without the help of the court, worked out the important issues pertaining to their divorce; for example, division of property, child custody and child support issues. Anyone has the right to file a divorce complaint without an attorney. However, you should be aware that there are very important legal ramifications to any particular situation and that the advice of legal counsel is always the wisest choice. No Matter what, you should always seek legal advice from an attorney for the Drafting of Orders and/or your Final Judgment of Divorce.

Things to Know

1. Qualification of uncontested divorce: either spouse must have lived in California for at least six months and in the county where the divorce is being filed for at least three months. Moreover, there is a six-month waiting period after the service of process or a Response filed Answer by the Respondent before the divorce becomes final.
2. If the uncontested divorce involves minor children, the case will most likely be referred to Family Court Service where counselors will conduct interviews and recommend who will receive custody of the child(ren), what co-parent plan is in the best interest of the child(ren), and the amount of child support to be paid. In the event that there one party objects to the recommendation, you will want to consult an attorney seek legal representation. At this point your divorce is no longer uncontested. Assuming that no objections are filed by either side and you are continuing to represent yourself, the case will typically proceed as uncontested
3. If one or more of the issues can't be settled, such as custody, support, property and visitation, then the case is "contested." A contested divorce must go to trial before a judge. This happens when spouses are unable to agree on one or more important issues -- often relating to property or custody -- and they are asking the judge to make a decision for them. Before trial, there is a mandatory settlement conference giving the party as the last chance to settle the case.
4. If you are unable to locate your spouse to get a divorce, there are procedures for this situation. This type of circumstance occurs quite often, especially when spouses have been separated for a long time. Please consult with an attorney regarding the procedure for service by publication.

Ask for Attorney Service
Attorney’s Service
1. Provide marriage status questionnaire
2. Confirm uncontested divorce is appropriate
3. Help gather the necessary information including financial information
4. Analyze and advise how to solve child custody, property division, child support and alimony issues
5. Draft a settlement agreement for both parties
6. File divorce petition and other forms on client’s behalf
7. Help to serve court forms to the other party
8. keep correspondence with court

Client’s Assistance
1. Fill questionnaire and answer attorney’s questions
2. Provide all necessary information about his/her marriage and property
3. Negociate divorce matters with spouse, such as property division, child custody, alimony, etc.
4. Sign divorce agreement,  forms and papers
5. Pay service fee

Service Fee

This service fee is the basic reference price, which may be adjusted case by case.

Payment Methods
  • Wire Transfer
  • Check
  • Credit Card
Free Consultation

Free Consultation will provide the clients with answers to general questions. Free Consultation should NEITHER be regarded as legal advice nor analysis on certain cases NOR confirmation of attorney-client relationship. If you need legal advice or analysis on your case, please choose the Attorney Consultation service.

Attorney Consultation

$300/hour (Deposit $1000,charging by hours includes time consumed by reviewing relevant documents, starting charge from an hour)